MAA issues the international certificate for oil pollution prevention of registered ships in accordance with the international convention on prevention of marine pollution MARPOL and the national laws in force. This service is provided by the MAA branch offices as well as by the competent directorate at its Head Office in Sana’a according to the following:
First: Conditions for the Issue of the Certificate
- The ship must be registered at MAA under Yemeni flag.
- The ship’s gross tonnage is 400 GRT and over in case of cargo ships;
- The ship gross tonnage of 150 GRT and over, in case of Tankers.
Second: Procedures for the Issue of the Certificate
- Filling the relevant MAA application form prepared for this purpose.
- The application is inspected, verified and compared with the ship register.
- A technical survey is to be carried out by MAA staff, after paying relevant fees.
- The inspection report must verify the availability and fitness of the inspected equipment and being found in accordance with the international convention requirements as well as with national laws in force.
- After the above procedures are completed and after paying the required fees, the IOPP certificate is issued for 5 years.
- For this certificate to keep being valid, the owner/manager/master must apply for periodical survey and certificate endorsement.
- This certificate is issued for registered merchant ships for the first time in case that ship is new.
- A new certificate must be applied for two months prior the expiry of its validity.
- This certificate may be issued by a recognized international classification society that is authorized to so by the MAA.
- Inspection fees: $1500
- Certificate issuance fees: $50
- Periodical survey and validation fees: $500
Fourth: Deadline for service provision
Within 24 hours of procedures completion.
|No||Application Form Name|
|1-||Application for International Oil Pollution Prevention Certificate of Registered Ship & Its Registered Record|
|2-||Application for Survey of Ship or Its Equipment|