MAA issues safety radio certificate for radio equipment of ships that fly Yemeni flag in accordance with the requirements of SOLAS. The MAA provides this service through its Head Office in Sana’a as well as through its branch offices according to required conditions and procedures as follows:
First: Conditions for the Issue of the Certificate
- The ship must be registered at MAA under the Yemeni flag.
- The ship Gross tonnage must be 300 GRT or more.
Second: Certificate issuance procedures
- Filling the relevant MAA application form which was prepared for this purpose.
- The application is inspected, verified and compared to the ship register.
- A technical survey is to be carried out by one of the MAA inspectors or by after paying relevant fees.
- After receiving the inspection report, the MAA verifies the fitness of the inspected equipment according to the report and in pursuant to the convention requirements.
- After the above procedures are completed and fees are paid, a certificate of safety radio is issued for a period of 5 years.
- For this certificate to continue being valid, the owner must apply for periodical survey and validation.
- This certificate is issued for the first time to Yemeni merchant when is new.
- An application for a new certificate must be submitted two months prior the expiry of the previous certificate.
- This certificate may be issued by an international and recognized classification society authorized by the MAA.
- Inspection fees: US$500
- Certificate issuance fees: 50 $
- Periodical survey and validation fees: 500 $
Fourth: Deadline for service provision
Within 24 hours of procedures completion.
|No||Application Form Name|
|1-||Application for Safety Radio Certificate of Registered Ship Its Registered Record &|
|2-||Application for Survey of Ship or Its Equipment|