The Maritime Affairs Authority issues this certificate of safety construction (hull, deck and machinery) for national ships in accordance with International convention of SOLAS requirements in accordance with Regulation (10)b(i). This certificate could be issued by the approved class society of the ship. This service is provided through MAA Head Office in Sana’a as well as through its branches of Aden and Hodeidah according to the following conditions and procedures:
First: Conditions for the Issue of the Certificate
- The ship must be registered at MAA under the Yemeni flag.
- The ship tonnage must be 500 GRT or over.
Second: Procedure for the Issue of the Certificate
- Filling the relevant MAA application form prepared for this purpose.
- After paying the necessary fees, the MAA inspectors will arrange a visit to inspect the ship and verify if the ship is fulfilling the MAA safety requirements of Hull, deck and machinery.
This may include the arrangements, materials and scantlings of the structure including the sea connections, overboard discharge valves and other ship side fittings, main and auxiliary machinery including steering gear and associated control systems, electrical installation, etc…
- After receiving the inspection report that the ship is complying with safety and international standards, and after paying the necessary fees, the certificate is issued for 5 years and submitted to the owner or his agent.
- This certificate is subject to periodical surveys for validity.
- This certificate is to be issued for the first time when a ship is new.
- The owner should apply for renewal two months before the certificate expiry date.
- The certificate may be issued by an international classification society that recognized and authorized by the MAA.
- Inspection Fees: 500 $
- Certificate issuance fees: 1500 $
- Periodical survey and validation fees: 500 $
Fourth: Deadline for service provision
Within 24 hours of procedures completion.
|No||Application Form Name|
|1-||Application for Certificate of Hull, Deck, and Machinery for Registered Ship|
|2-||Application for Survey of Ship or Its Equipment|