- (7-1) (he Service of Issuing ID of Marine Surveyor (Compulsory Servic
Among its services, the Maritime Affairs Authority issues maritime surveyors’ IDs. This compulsory
service is provided by the MAA branch offices as well as by its Head Office competent directorate according to the following conditions and procedures:
First: Conditions for Claiming a Marine Surveyor’s ID
A- For Ship Marine Surveyor ID:
In order to obtain a ship marine surveyor ID, One of the following qualifications should be met:
- Master/chief engineer from a recognized maritime academy with four years sea service at high seas.
- Master/chief engineer from a recognised maritime academy + applied courses in marine survey activities.
- Master/chief engineer from a recognized maritime academy+ practical experience with a regional/international agency that is specializes in the field of marine survey of ships.
- An academic degree that is not less than a bachelor from a recognized international maritime academy + practical experience of at least three years in the same field.
- An academic degree that is not less than a bachelor form a recognized international maritime academy in the same field.
- An academic degree that is not less than a bachelor in sciences that specialize in ship survey/inspection+ practical experience of at least three years in the same field.
- A long, practical experience of at least 15 years in the ship survey/inspection+ recognition from a regional/international agency that specializes in the license scope survey/inspection field.
B- Cargo Marine Surveyor ID
In order to obtain a cargo marine surveyor ID, One of the following qualifications should be met:
- Master of high seas/Chief engineer+ sea service of at least four years+ experience at seashipped cargo survey/inspection.
- Master of high seas+ specialized courses in sea-shipped cargo survey/inspection.
- Specialized academic degree+ professional specialized courses in sea-shipped cargo survey/inspection fields.
Second: procedures of issuing a maritime surveyor’s ID
- Filling the relevant MAA application form which was prepared for this purpose.
- The application must be submitted along with the applicant’s Identification document as well as the documents in support of the fulfillment of the above conditions.
- Competent persons at the MAA will address the application and the attached documents and verify its validity and check if they fulfill the above requirement.
- After the procedures are completed and fees are paid, the Marine Surveyor ID is issued.
- The annual fees for Yemeni applicant: 150 $ and another 15 $ for the application form
- The annual fees for foreign Surveyor: 300 $ and another 30 $ for the application form
- Fees for temporary period not more than thirty days: 100 $ and another 10 $ for the application form.
Fourth: time set for Issuing this service:
Within 24 hours of completion of the procedures.
Such an ID is merely a proof that a surveyor is qualified to conduct survey operations. lt, however, does not give the power to conduct survey operations.
No surveyor may conduct survey operations inside any Yemeni port has a surveyor permit.
|No||Application Form Name|
|1-||Application for Issing an Identification As Marine Surveyor.|