- The Service of Issuing a License to Carry out Marine Survey Activities at Gas and Oil Terminals within the Territorial Waters of Yemen (Compulsory Service)
Among its services, the Maritime Affairs Authority issues maritime permit to perform marine survey activities at gas and oil terminals. This compulsory service is provided by the MAA branch offices as well as by its Head Office competent directorate according to required procedures and conditions as
First: Conditions for acquiring the permit
- The applicant must bear a marine surveyor ID card is issued by the MAA.
Second: Permit issuance procedures:
- Filling the relevant MAA application form which was prepared for this purpose.
The following documents must be submitted along with the application:
- The maritime surveyor’s ID card that is issued by the MAA.
- The applicant’s Identification document.
- A memorandum for the agency which the applicant represents.
- Competent persons at the MAA address the application and attached documents and very its validity and the validity of the information in them.
- After the procedures are completed and fees are paid, the permit is issued.
- Maritime survey work licenses for ships and cargo within the jurisdictions of ports are issue independently by the ports administration and according to the surveyor’s ID card that is issued by the MAA.
- In cases that involve conducting maritime survey of ships and cargo within territorial waters incase of sea accidents, the Maritime Affairs Authority issue a one-week maximum permit and for each case separately. The MAA Chairman is entrusted with defining fees required according to each case (at least $600 for each surveyor).
- 300 $ a year for Yemeni surveyors+ 30 $ for application fees.
- 500 $ a year for foreign surveyors+ 50 $ for application fees.
- 200 $ for surveyors to carry out survey for less than 30 days + 20 $ for application fees.
Fourth: Deadline for service provision
Within 24 hours of procedures completion.
|No||Application Form Name|
|1||Application for a Permit to Carry out Marine Survey Activities Outside the Jurisdiction of Yemen Ports
(Inside Yemen Territorial Waters)